Ekiga 3.3.0 [UNSTABLE] available
12/21/2010, the internet.
This is the first unstable release of the upcoming 3.4 version of Ekiga. It is a major release, bringing several changes (bugs and protocol fixes, but not so much features and no security fix) since almost two years ago. It is not a replacement of the last stable release (3.2.7), but should be used by people having problems with the stable release (e.g. a pulse plugin plugin is included in this release) and by people who want to help ekiga.
While it has not received much testing, it works on developers machines, and the only known major regression (which should hopefully be fixed in the next unstable release) compared to the last stable release is that presence does not work reliably. Three additional regressions are known:
- the fix "Use NAT ports instead of local ports for RTP, fixing many connection issues", added in the last stable release, is not included,
- the fix for 16bpp mode, added in the last stable release, is not included either
- and on Windows ekiga sometimes crashes on exit.
You can grab the Windows version here: 3.3.0 unstable release for Windows (20MB)
* What is it ?
Ekiga is a free Voice over IP softphone allowing you to do free calls over the Internet.
Ekiga is the first Open Source application to support both H.323 and SIP, as well as audio and video. Ekiga was formerly known as GnomeMeeting.
More information can be found at http://www.ekiga.org
* Where to get it ?
Ekiga is available at:
* What's changed ?
** Distributor-specific changes
- New pulse audio plugin (in ptlib)
- ekiga is now split between one executable, one library and two plugins (evolution and ldap). This means that evolution-data-server for ex. can be used during building, but is not mandatory upon execution: if it exists, ekiga will use it, if not it just does not use it :o) As a consequence, this allows to install ekiga without e-d-s and its many dependencies (see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=520830 for ex.)
- Some dependencies versions have been raised, configure checks them
- Depend on boost instead of sigc++
- Update to the new libnotify 0.7.0 library
- By default, use quiet compilation; use make VERBOSE=1 for ptlib and opal to get "noisy" command lines during compilation, and make V=1 for ekiga
** User-visible changes
- New pulse audio plugin (in ptlib)
- Various SIP/H.323 fixes
- When a registrar refuses several Contact-s during registration, automatically retry registration with only one Contact (previous "%limit" workaround)
- Fix "Ekiga crashes when restart a holding call established by H.323"
- Fix "Cseq value is empty, malformed packet as per Wireshark"
- Fix "Text on first page of assistant is sometimes not shown"
- Fix DTMF signaling
- Fix pre-fill account name and password in assistant
- Fix dialog info presence handling
- Add a TOS field config option
- Update the "Contact" menu when selecting a heap or a group
- Distribute a 24x24 icon too
- Always honour show_hidden setting for main window
- Adjust defaults (show offline users, use picture-in-picture)
** Developer-specific changes
- Many code cleanups
- Various deprecated code replaced with current equivalents
** Windows port changes
- Fix video position with gtk >=2.20
- Update dependency versions
- Add Russian translation of installer
** Translation updates
- Updated translations: as, ast, bg, bn, bn_IN, ca, ca@valencia, cs, da, de, el, en_GB, eo, es, et, eu, fr, gl, gu, he, hi, hu, it, kn, ko, lt, lv, ja, ml, nb, nn, or, pa, pl, pt, pt_BR, ro, ru, sl, sk, sr, sr@latin, sv, ta, th, uk, zh_CN, zh-HK, ZH-TW
- New translations: en@shaw, kk, ug
- Updated help translations: de, el, sl, uk
- New help translations: zh_CN
On behalf of Ekiga/ptlib/opal teams,