Ekiga 3.2.7 available
This is the seventh stable release of the 3.2 version of Ekiga.
This release is dedicated to kapetr, who helped tremendously to fix the important NAT ports bug.
Big news for this release:
- Fix many connection issues (nat ports), see below
- Fix major bug for windows uninstall
- No windows-specific issue known, feel free to use it
What is it ?
Ekiga is a free Voice over IP softphone allowing you to do free calls over the Internet.
Ekiga is the first Open Source application to support both H.323 and SIP, as well as audio and video. Ekiga was formerly known as GnomeMeeting.
Where to get it ?
Ekiga 3.2.7 is available at:
Required librairies can be found at:
What's changed ?
- Use NAT ports instead of local ports for RTP, fixing many connection issues
- Add workaround for "In some cases ekiga answers always Busy Here"
- Fix crash in the avahi code
- Set the default audio and video devices
- Fix Call buttons do not work
- Add bpp16 (RGB16) support
- Add partial support for IPv6
- Fix number of users found on ekiga.net LDAP directory
- Fix connection type setting in assistant
- Use a decent connection type by default (DSL 128kb/s uplink)
- Check off iLBC, CELT32, CELT48 and G722 audio codecs by default
- Fix possible crash when PTLib code accessed by thread not created by PTlib
- Fix issue when deleting a safe object
- Fix possible NULL pointer access if get multiple NOTIFY messages on a REFER
- Fix strange issue with SIP call diversion (302 response) to the same endpoint
- Change to only unregister those contact addresses we successfully registered
- Fix incorrect change to AlertingPhase in H323
- Change authentication failure to be fatal and SIP handler removed
- Fix double authorisation failure leaving SIP handler in the wrong state
- Fix SIP REFER completion on receiving NOTIFY with id parameter
- Fix authentication issue when can get to SIP server via two interfaces
- Fix address translation of REGISTER contact fields when STUN is not used
- Fix locating correct authorisation credentials for INVITE
- Fix correct test handling RFC3261/184.108.40.206 merged requests and other "multi-path" received INVITE requests
- other minor fixes
- Fix gdu (gnome-doc-utils) configure option
- Replace deprecated functions in gtk >= 2.18
- Fix build with binutils-gold
- other minor build fixes
Windows port fixes
- Fix major bug where the uninstaller could remove non-Ekiga files
- Fix starting Ekiga from last page of installer
- Fix language selection during installation
- Update version of dependent libraries
- Allow to create executable from release or from git/svn
- Add Dutch and Romanian translations of Windows installer
- Add all help localisation files to the installer
- Fix compilation error on std::freopen on newer gcc
- other build fixes
- Updated translations: bn_IN, eu, gu, kn
- New translations: ast
- Updated help translations: None
No security fix in this release.
On behalf of Ekiga/ptlib/opal teams,