Ekiga 3.2.6 available
The sixth release of Ekiga 3.2 is available. Please find hereunder the list of changes.
- Fixed crashes shown as assertion failed in /usr/include/ptlib/safecoll.h:813
- Fixed crash when device list is empty or contains non-latin1 characters
- Fixed crash when pressing shift-f10 (popup menu) in Preferences window
- Fixed possible crash when garbage collecting REGISTER requests
- Fixed possible segfault when receiving a NOTIFY
- Fixed freeze by preventing SIP handlers retry timer from executing during destruction
- Fixed freeze during packet write
- Fixed "Lockup after a day of idle" in publishing code
- Fixed various deadlocks in the OPAL subscription code
- Added "%limit" workaround for registrars which refuse several contacts during registration
- Fixed "Contacts never go offline"
- Fixed "New SIP account mangles fields if Authentications User is empty"
- Make sure the output device is set before a call
- Fixed port handling when registering to a proxy with a non-standard port
- Fixed "In some circumstances, smileys are not displayed graphically"
- Improved audio latency when not collecting all of the audio data
- Fixed the newmessage.wav file
- Fixed "Accounts were automatically active after editing them"
- Make possible to register e.g. email@example.com as user name as required by some providers
- Remove deprecated "Encoding" field from desktop file
- Fixed problem with REGISTER IntervalTooBrief response handling not using correct interface for new transaction
- Fixed "480 Temporarily Unavailable" response handling
- Fixed problem with doing DNS lookup when using explicit proxy or presence agent
- Fixed problem with PUBLISH using wrong expiry after Interval Too Brief error
- If we find no authentication information when subscribing, keep trying as it could become available at a later stage
- Changed so does not put both global and media specific connection addresses in SDP if they are the same (needed for freephonie SIP registrar)
- Fixed support for unusual SIP "start with hold", that is an initial offer INVITE with a connection address of 0.0.0.0
- Fixed failure to retry (after a suitable period) REGISTER/SUBSCRIBE if get transport level timeout
- Added closing of our local media streams if remote sends a re-INVITE and leaves out streams (e.g. video) that were there previously
- Fixed problems when can not bind to any interface
- Fixed various problems with some SDP options
- Fixed regression where the username would be lost from the Contact field
- Fixed invalid request-uri in BYE request
- Fixed issue with overlapping INVITEs
- Fixed H.263-1998 plug in compilation, by asking latest avcodec
- Fixed "OpalBitRateCalculator limits bitrates"
- Fixed "SIP wrong response on a failed REFER-request"
- Fixed "SIP: OK response to CANCEL incomplete"
- Do not send "100 Trying" message when receiving a NOTIFY message
- Fixed incorrect register/subscribe refresh timer calculation
- Support building on kFreeBSD
- Fixed problem with moving libsoup api
- Various fixes for SIP and H323 configuration
- Fixed "A build error when generating SunAudio ptlib plugin"
- Fixed "The video convertor of YUY2toYUV420P in ptlib does not work"
- Fixed "The absence of libv4l2 should not block V4L2 ptlib plugin" and other minor changes
Windows port fixes:
Thanks to Michael Rickmann's continuous work, Windows port has reached a quality almost comparable to GNU/Linux version. We invite people to test it, see ekiga wiki. Some improvements:
- Shortened audio delay
- DirectX video input and output
- Device name handling
- Fixed audio volume
- Fixed building with mingw
- Made so the linker doesn't find main on win32
- Keep the output sound volume across calls
- Changed default for AVC plug in to be disabled until someone fixes the plug in
- Note: The Pulse audio server does not play nicely with ekiga, very high latencies are noticed
- Updated translations: ar, bn, et, ga, hi, hu, ko, lt, ml, nb, sr, sr@latin, uk, zh_HK, zh_TW
- New translations: ca@valencia
- Updated help translations: de