Ekiga 2.00 BETA 1 is finally there!
After more than one year of development, Ekiga 2.00 BETA with full SIP and H.323 support is finally available.
Among the features, you can find:
- Call Forwarding on busy, no answer, always (SIP and H.323)
- Call Transfer (SIP and H.323)
- Call Hold (SIP and H.323)
- DTMFs support (SIP and H.323)
- Basic Instant Messaging (SIP)
- Text Chat (SIP and H.323)
- Possibility to register to several registrars (SIP) and gatekeepers (H.323)
- Possibility to use an outbound proxy (SIP) or a gateway (H.323)
- Message Waiting Indications (SIP)
- Audio AND Video (SIP and H.323)
- STUN support (SIP and H.323)
- DTMFs support
- LDAP support
Among the new features, you can find:
- Improved audio quality using Wideband codecs (16 kHz)
- Echo Cancellation
- Easier NAT traversal
- Largely improved user interface
- Improved Video4Linux2 support
And do not forget our ekiga.net SIP platform:
- Provides SIP addresses to everyone, conference rooms, echo tests, and white pages. This platform is sponsored by OVH (http://www.ovh.com).
It is only a summary of new features, and many new things are probably missing.